Oil tanker gets stuck in ditch and blocks road in Badingham
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Icy conditions are continuing to cause disruption on Suffolk's roads, with an oil tanker crashing into a ditch in Badingham.
Suffolk police were called shortly after 10am to the oil tanker in a ditch in Mill Road, Badingham.
Officers said the road is not completely blocked, but it is likely to be closed when recovery arrives.
A gas lorry also overturned in Cretingham earlier this morning, causing a full closure of Swan Lane.
The vehicle is still awaiting recovery and drivers are being urged to avoid the area.
The road is closed in both directions and an officer at the scene described the conditions as "atrocious".
No injuries have been reported but recovery is not expected to arrive for some time.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 4 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 7 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 8 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 9 University of Suffolk ranks as worst in UK for dropout rates
- 10 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits