Driver fails drugs test after swerving to avoid cat and crashing
- Credit: Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team
A driver has failed a drugs test after smashing into a parked car while swerving to avoid a cat.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Teams tweeted about the incident which happened overnight in Botesdale, just off the A143.
They reported that the driver swerved out of the way of a cat which was in the road before slamming into a car parked on the side of the street.
The driver was stopped and later failed a drug wipe. He was arrested at the scene.
A picture tweeted alongside the message showed a purple Nissan Micra with significant damage to the rear, lodged in a grass verge.
You may also want to watch:
A silver hatchback could be seen across the road with damage to the front.
Officers assisted with the removal of the vehicle before reopening the road.
- 1 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 2 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 'Just the type of player we need' - Town fans react to signing rapid winger Thomas
- 7 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 8 Woman, 58, caught drink-driving twice in two months
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Reverend praises community spirit after church was targeted by gang of thieves
They confirmed that the cat involved in the incident was not believed to be harmed.