Driver fails drugs test after swerving to avoid cat and crashing
- Credit: Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team
A driver has failed a drugs test after smashing into a parked car while swerving to avoid a cat.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Teams tweeted about the incident which happened overnight in Botesdale, just off the A143.
They reported that the driver swerved out of the way of a cat which was in the road before slamming into a car parked on the side of the street.
The driver was stopped and later failed a drug wipe. He was arrested at the scene.
A picture tweeted alongside the message showed a purple Nissan Micra with significant damage to the rear, lodged in a grass verge.
You may also want to watch:
A silver hatchback could be seen across the road with damage to the front.
Officers assisted with the removal of the vehicle before reopening the road.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
They confirmed that the cat involved in the incident was not believed to be harmed.