Emergency closure of A140 due to burst water main
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The A140 is partially closed in both directions due to a burst water main in Thwaite.
The closure is in place from The Walnut Tree pub to The Street and is needed to allow for emergency repairs to take place.
According to Essex and Suffolk Water the closure is likely to be in place until Thursday, January 7, to allow for repairs.
A spokesperson said: “Our teams are currently on site repairing a six inch burst water main in Thwaite, Suffolk.
"We were first made aware of the burst this morning, customers may have experienced a short period of no water but supply was fully restored before midday.
“We are working in partnership with the local authorities who have provided a temporary closure of the A140 to enable safe working for our team completing the repair. The road closure is expected to be in place until Thursday evening.
“We’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to those in the affected area and thank them for their patience and understanding while we work as quickly as possible to return things back to normal.”
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
Drivers have reported a build-up of traffic in the area, with queues building towards Eye.