Emergency closure of A140 due to burst water main
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The A140 is partially closed in both directions due to a burst water main in Thwaite.
The closure is in place from The Walnut Tree pub to The Street and is needed to allow for emergency repairs to take place.
According to Essex and Suffolk Water the closure is likely to be in place until Thursday, January 7, to allow for repairs.
A spokesperson said: “Our teams are currently on site repairing a six inch burst water main in Thwaite, Suffolk.
"We were first made aware of the burst this morning, customers may have experienced a short period of no water but supply was fully restored before midday.
“We are working in partnership with the local authorities who have provided a temporary closure of the A140 to enable safe working for our team completing the repair. The road closure is expected to be in place until Thursday evening.
“We’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to those in the affected area and thank them for their patience and understanding while we work as quickly as possible to return things back to normal.”
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 4 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 8 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
Drivers have reported a build-up of traffic in the area, with queues building towards Eye.