Long delays on A14 after lorry's fuel tank ruptured in crash
- Credit: NSRAPT
One lane of the A14 was closed after a car and lorry collided near the Copdock Interchange outside of Ipswich.
The incident happened shortly before 7.20am on Monday, Suffolk police said.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said no one was injured as a result of the collision.
They added the lorry's fuel tank has ruptured – causing fuel to leak across the carriageway.
Officers on the scene used dirt from the verge to stop the fuel spreading into lane two.
In a tweet, Highways England warned the crash has caused delays of one hour on the A12 northbound and A14 eastbound.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks