Motorcyclist airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital after serious crash
- Credit: Archant/Google Maps
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital after suffering serious injuries in a two-vehicle crash in north Essex.
Emergency services were called to the crash in St John's Road in Clacton at about 9.30am today.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "Our officers were called, along with our colleagues from the ambulance service to a two-vehicle collision involving a car and motorcycle.
"The motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
"Our enquiries are ongoing, and we need anyone who saw anything or has dash cam footage to contact us."
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “An ambulance, a senior paramedic in a support vehicle and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended.
"An adult man was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment.”
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 10 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
Anyone with any information should contact Essex Police, quoting the incident number 249 of April 14.
You can also call Essex Police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE traffic map.
Join our Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news.