The planned road closures as north Essex hosts the Women's Tour
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A number of temporary road closures have been confirmed as the Women's Tour runs from Colchester to Clacton this Friday.
The world's top cyclists will set off on the 95km route from the recently-opened Colchester Northern Gateway Sports Park on Friday morning for the fifth stage of the race.
After leaving the sports park, riders will race through the town centre before heading to Ardleigh and Great Bromley.
They will then ride on to Clacton, via Elmstead Market, before completing a loop of Tendring district.
The fourth stage of the race is also being held in Essex — from Shoeburyness to Southend — while the sixth and final leg is running from Haverhill to Felixstowe in Suffolk.
Which roads will be closed in north Essex?
A rolling road closure will be in place along most of the route, meaning streets will be open either side of the event as riders head to the finish line.
In Clacton, a full road closure will be in place from 5am until 8pm along Marine Parade West and part of West Road to allow the finish line and event to be set up.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
What are the expected timings for the race?
- Northern Gateway Sports Park, Colchester - 11.30am
- Elmstead Market - 12.00pm
- Tenpenny Hill - 12.19pm
- Jaywick Sands - 12.35pm
- Holland-on-Sea - 12.47pm
- Mistley - 1.27pm
- Manningtree - 1.32pm
- Tenpenny Hill - 1.59pm
- Marine Parade West, Clacton - 2.20pm