A14 closed after emergency services attend three vehicle crash
- Credit: Google Maps
UPDATE: All lanes have now reopened following the earlier crash
The A14 was closed for several hours after a three vehicle crash near Trimley St Martin.
Emergency services were called to the crash in the westbound carriageway just after 3.40pm today, Sunday, January 8.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "The road is closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
"No serious injuries have been reported and we are waiting for recovery to arrive."
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were also called to the crash but were not required when they arrived.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We are assisting police and ambulance service after the three-vehicle crash."
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Motorists leaving Felixstowe are now using alternative routes which is causing roads in the town and Trimley to become heavily congested.
Ambulance crews are also at the scene of the crash.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.