Severe flooding causes emergency road closure in Coddenham
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The main road through Coddenham has been closed due to "severe flooding" as forecasters predict further rainfall.
Suffolk Highways has introduced the emergency closure along Lower Road and Spring Lane in Coddenham following the downpour.
A diversion route will be in place for the duration of the closure, which is yet to be confirmed.
The closure comes after flood alerts were issued across Suffolk and north Essex as forecasters predict rain to fall over the weekend.
The government has issued alerts for the Thorpeness Hundred, Deben, Lark, Gipping, Colne and upper Stour, with minor flooding possible on low-level roads.
Forecasters have said there is a low chance of further rainfall on Thursday, but Friday is set to be wet and windy.
There is even a chance of snow at the weekend, with the wet weather set to continue into next week.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies