More East Anglian line closures in May
- Credit: Network Rail
Rail services between East Anglia and London will be cut by work in south Essex for the first two weekends in May.
Engineering work between Chelmsford and London will mean trains from Suffolk, Norfolk and north Essex will stop at Witham from where passengers will be taken by bus to Newbury Park tube station on the Central Line.
Some trains will continue to Chelmsford for people visiting that city.
The closures will apply over the first bank holiday weekend from May 1-3 and on the following weekend May 8-9 - and will see a number of projects completed in the area.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia managing director, said: “These projects will help to improve punctuality and performance along these vital parts of our network.
“We will be running a rail replacement bus service while the work takes place, so customers will be able to complete their journeys. Passengers should check before they travel, allow more time for their journey and wear a face covering when travelling by train or rail replacement bus and at our stations."
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks