Broken down freight train blocks travel from Ipswich to Stowmarket
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Greater Anglia has warned that a broken down freight train between Ipswich and Stowmarket is causing disruption to travel.
All trains traveling from Ipswich to Stowmarket are currently unable to get through, due to a freight train needing rescue at Needham Market.
This is affecting services running from Ipswich to Norwich, Cambridge and Peterborough.
Services from London to Norwich may also be delayed, as they may need to reroute through Cambridge.
A rescue vehicle has been dispatched to clear the line, and bring the stranded train to Ipswich.
There it will be placed into a siding.
Greater Anglia confirm that there are unlikely to be any cancellations or long delays because of this, and they expect normal service to resume over the next couple of hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Major west Suffolk road closed 'for some time' after lorry and car crash
- 9 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 10 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm