Gas lorry overturns in icy conditions forcing Suffolk road closure
- Credit: NSRAPT
The main road through the village of Cretingham has been closed after a lorry overturned in the snow.
Officers were called at 8.50am to reports of an overturned heavy goods vehicle in Swan Lane, Cretingham, near Manor Farm Barn.
The road has since been closed in both directions and an officer at the scene described the conditions as "atrocious".
No injuries have been reported but recovery is not expected to arrive for around an hour.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area if possible and only make essential journeys.
Suffolk police has been called to a number of incidents on the road this morning as the snow showers brought by Storm Darcy continue to make conditions difficult.
You may also want to watch:
The A1071 at Hintlesham was closed briefly following a two-vehicle collision, along with a stretch of the A12 on-slip at East Bergholt.
A van is also waiting to be recovered in Stowupland, after crashing into a hedge near the Tesco roundabout.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks