Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Paul Geater
A person has died after being hit by a train near Stowmarket.
British Transport Police were called to the line, between Diss and Norwich, at 1.24pm on Thursday August 18 following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
Paramedics attended but the person died at the scene.
Officers are working to identify the deceased and inform their next of kin.
This incident is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
All Greater Anglia lines are blocked between Norwich and Stowmarket.
London-bound services that go through Ipswich and Colchester have also been impacted.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 9 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Rail replacement bus services are being offered to help people get to their destinations.
Disruption is expected until further notice.
If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123.