Gritters out in Suffolk over coming nights as temperatures set to plummet
- Credit: Archant
Gritters are set to be deployed in Suffolk over the coming nights as temperatures are predicted to fall by the weekend.
Suffolk Highways has confirmed the gritters will be treating priority 1 routes — including A and B roads — in the west of the county from 8pm on Wednesday.
The gritters have already been deployed on several occasions this month as the end of autumn approaches.
As temperatures are likely to fall further by the end of the week, a Suffolk Highways spokesman said the gritters will likely be mobilised throughout the rest of the week.
Zoe Johnson, meteorologist at East Anglian forecasters Weatherquest, said: "We're looking at fairly cloudy skies over Wednesday, but towards the end of the night it might clear, leading to frost.
"We might have temperatures of 0C, which is enough for frost. There's potential for more widespread frost by Friday morning.
"By the weekend, there is a small chance at the moment for some of the rain to turn into sleet or even snow."
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase