A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- Credit: Twitter/@LowestoftPolice
A hydraulic fluid spill closed part of the A146 in Carlton Colville on Tuesday afternoon.
Traffic is coping well despite the westbound lane of the A146 Beccles Road being closed near to the Crown pub, Suffolk Police said.
Drivers were urged to avoid the road until both lanes reopened.
Taking to Twitter shortly before 2pm, Lowestoft Police said: "A146 Carlton Colville westbound lane closed due to hydraulic fluid spill close to Crown PH.
"A lot of congestion as traffic able to use only eastbound lane for both directions.
You may also want to watch:
"Avoid this part of the A146 until road surface cleaned and westbound carriageway reopened."
The road reopened shortly before 2.30pm.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm