Woman injured in crash on main road into Ipswich
- Credit: Ryan Cook
A woman has suffered suspected neck and spinal injuries after a van and car crashed along the A1214 in Rushmere St Andrew to the east of Ipswich.
Police are at the scene of the two-vehicle crash outside Foxwood Ceramics along the A1214 Woodbridge Road, which heads out to Kesgrave and onto Woodbridge.
Officers were called at 1.36pm today and remain at the scene of the crash.
One person has reported a possible neck injury.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also has vehicles in attendance, with three mobilised from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street.
A spokesman said crews freed the female casualty from the vehicle and she was left in the care of the ambulance service.
They said she has suspected neck and spinal injuries.
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 3 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 'The time is not right to fiddle when Rome burns' - Evans outlines Lambert 'disagreements'
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
A stop time has since been called on the incident and traffic appears to be running smoothly.