Driver seriously hurt and road closed after single vehicle crash
- Credit: ARCHANT
A motorist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a collision near Lakenheath.
Suffolk police are currently at the scene of the crash, on the A1101 at Burnt Fen near Suffolk’s border with Cambridgeshire, after being called shortly after 1pm today.
One vehicle is believed to have been involved and the driver, who was seriously hurt, has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Officers have closed the road in both directions while investigations into the circumstances get under way.
Motorists are being urged to find alternative routes while the road is closed.
Fire crews from Suffolk and Cambridgeshire were also called to the scene.
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information or dash cam footage should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD reference 171 of Sunday, August 29.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour