Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- Credit: Google Maps
Greater Anglia train services between Ipswich and Needham Market have been delayed after a car crashed into a level crossing.
The collision happened at some point in the early hours of the morning at the level crossing in Gipping Road, between Great Blakenham and Claydon.
Police were made aware of the crash just after 5am, although it is believed the collision happened some time earlier.
Network Rail crews are currently on scene carrying out repairs to the crossing.
It is currently causing up to 12 minutes of delays on trains, which now have to run at a reduced speed.
Disruption is expected until further notice.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website read: "Due to a road vehicle hitting level crossing barriers between Ipswich and Needham Market trains have to run at reduced speed.
"Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption."
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema