Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man has died following a two-vehicle crash in Elmswell this morning, January 19.
Police were called to the scene at 11.40am after reports of a crash between a van and a lorry on the A1088 near the roundabout before the A14.
Police, fire, the ambulance service and a volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended the scene.
The driver of the van, a man in his 20s, died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry sustained minor injuries.
The road remains closed until 8.22pm.
Suffolk police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision, saw the vehicles and the manner of driving before the collision, or has dash-camera footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, quoting CAD 102 of January 19.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 8 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 9 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
You can also contact the police via 101, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.