Man in his 80s dies following collision on A143
- Credit: Google Street View
A man in his 80s has died following a serious collision on the A143 this morning.
Police were called to the junction of the road with the B1113 Finningham Road in Rickinghall shortly after 10am following reports of a collision between a black Ford Focus and a grey Toyota Corolla.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue, an ambulance and air ambulance were also in attendance and despite the efforts by a member of public and paramedics, the driver of the Toyota Corrolla – a man aged in his 80s – was sadly pronounced deceased a short time later at the scene
The driver of the Ford Focus, a man aged in his 50s, sustained minor injuries and was taken to West Suffolk Hospital.
Road closures were put in place while an investigation was carried out. The closures were lifted at around 4pm.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the manner of driving of the vehicles involved shortly before the incident.
The incident is the eighth fatal collision in Suffolk this year and the fourth fatal collision this month.
Any witnesses, or anyone driving along the road immediately prior to the collision with a dash-cam, are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, quoting reference CAD 77 of 29 April 2021.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks