Woman trapped after car overturned in ditch near Mendlesham
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has been freed from her car after it left the road and overturned in a ditch.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the single vehicle crash in Mendlesham Road, Cotton, just after 3.15pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews were called to rescue one person from their vehicle.
Fire crews from Princes Street, Stowmarket, Elmswell and Ixworth attended the scene.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called as a precaution but no injuries were reported.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "We were called to reports that a car had left the road and overturned on its side in a ditch.
"Fire is at the scene to assist in removing the driver, a female, from the vehicle.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 7 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 8 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 9 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
"The road is open, however there may be some obstruction as emergency services assist with the incident and there may be some disruption to drivers."
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service made a 'stop' call at 4.20pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.