Overturned car blocks Ipswich road
- Credit: Submitted
A driver was taken to hospital for checks after their car overturned and landed on its roof in the middle of an Ipswich street.
Radcliffe Drive, in the Chantry area of Ipswich, was blocked following the crash, which happened at about 3pm on Monday.
Police were called to reports of an overturned silver Audi A5.
Upon arrival, the occupants of the car were free from the wreckage, and it appeared no-one had suffered any serious injury.
However, the driver of the car was taken to hospital for a check-up.
Suffolk Highways was called to be made aware of damage to the road surface, upon which oil had also leaked.
Police said recovery of the vehicle was also arranged.
- 1 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 2 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 'Just the type of player we need' - Town fans react to signing rapid winger Thomas
- 7 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 8 Woman, 58, caught drink-driving twice in two months
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Reverend praises community spirit after church was targeted by gang of thieves