Overturned lorry blocking major road in Felixstowe
- Credit: RICHARD CORNWELL
Fire crews have cut a man out of an overturned lorry in a busy road near the Port of Felixstowe
The lorry overturned and collided with a lamppost blocking Trinity Avenue, on the on-slip to the A14 near junction 61.
Emergency services, including two fire crews, were called to the scene at 11.03am.
They arrived to find a man was trapped in the lorry with a head injury.
The fire service used small cutting equipment to free him.
You may also want to watch:
He is conscious and breathing, a spokesman for the fire service said.
The spokesman added the street lamp was destroyed in the crash, and there is a fuel leak on the road.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
East Suffolk Council and Highways England have been informed.
Trinity Avenue is currently closed.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.