Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- Credit: citizenside.com/Mick Webb
A person in distress on the Orwell Bridge is now safe and the road block has been removed.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said the female was off the bridge and had been left in the care of friends.
There had been a rolling road block on the eastbound carriageway of the Orwell Bridge as police tried to help the person who was upset.
The road block caused standstill traffic.
The police spokesperson said they had received a report of a person on the bridge being upset and tried to locate them.
- If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave