Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- Credit: ANDY SMITH/SUFFOLK FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE
Dozens of firefighters worked through the night to put out flames at a major barn fire near Southwold.
Nine fire crews, including units from Leiston, Halesworth, Southwold, and Haverhill, battled the blaze at a property in Lowestoft Road in Reydon.
Teams were called to the fire shortly after 2am on Saturday and a stop was called to the incident at 5.21am.
One fire crew remains at the scene this morning.
Area manager Andy Smith tweeted: “Suffolk Fire dealing with a barn fire in Reydon.
"Four pumps, water carrier, and command support vehicle in attendance.”
No-one is believed to have been injured in the blaze and it is now mostly under control, with a single crew remaining to monitor hotspots.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service has been contacted for additional information.