5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
There are roadworks being carried out throughout Suffolk this week - here's a handful for motorists to plan their journeys around.
A1214 London Road, Ipswich
A lane closure has been put in place in the road connecting Ipswich town centre and the Copdock Interchange for the A12 and A14.
A temporary speed limit has also been introduced, with the lane set to be blocked off until December.
A154 Candlet Road, Felixstowe
You may also want to watch:
Emergency works on one of the roads out of Felixstowe mean motorists could face delays as they travel to and from the A14.
Two-way traffic lights have been set up in Candlet Road and a temporary speed limit has been put in place.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
The Terrace, Aldeburgh
Work has started in this road near Aldeburgh's High Street and a section of the road is expected to be closed until November.
The partial closure is due to the construction of a nearby home.
Station Road, Little Saxham
Station Road in Little Saxham, near Bury St Edmunds, will be closed until September 24 due to Suffolk County Council works.
There is a nearby business park near the roadworks and the diversion route takes motorists onto the A14.
Palace Street, Newmarket
Newmarket's Rutland Arms Hotel is being demolished and a section of Palace Steet, off High Street, will remain closed until Thursday.
The road will be shut off outside the TK Maxx store.