7 roadworks you should be aware of this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Roadworks are taking place throughout Suffolk between August 23 and 29 including a lane closure on the A14 over the Orwell Bridge.
For a stress-free commute to work or planned day out here are seven pieces of roadworks you should be aware of:
One lane of eastbound carriageway of the A14 near the Orwell Bridge will be closed overnight between Wednesday, August 25 and Thursday, August 26.
Highways England will be carrying out communication works on behalf of Ringway and a reduced speed limit is likely to be in place.
You may also want to watch:
The Bury Road will be closed between Thursday, August 26 and Friday, August 27 to allow Suffolk County Council to carry out essential roadworks.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for any journeys as a 39km diversion route will be in place which is expected to take around 50 minutes.
Grinstead Hill will be closed until Wednesday, August 25 as Anglia Water are carrying out essential works.
A 32.2km diversion route has been put in place by authorities which will add on around 45 minutes.
Stone Lodge Lane near St Josephs College will be shut for almost two weeks as City Fibre carry out works.
The road will be closed between Wednesday, August 25 and Tuesday, September 7 and a short diversion route will be in place.
Brettenham Road will be closed as Suffolk County Council will be carrying out essential road works between Wednesday, August 25 and Sunday, August 29.
A 15km diversion route has been put in place which is likely to add on around 20 minutes to your journey.
Rendall Lane is closed until Thursday, August 26 as Anglia Water are carrying out essential repairs.
Due to the emergency road closure a 5.3km diversion is in place which should only add on around 10 minutes.
Bury St Edmunds
City Fibre will be carrying out works between Monday, August 23 and Sunday, August 29 on Horsecroft Road.
A full road closure will be put in place and a 2km diversion will add on around five minutes to people's journeys.