5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to watch out for this week
Roadworks are taking place across Suffolk this week - here's seven projects that could cause motorists delays.
Felixstowe Road, Ipswich
Traffic lights have been set up in Felixstowe Road, at the top of Bishops Hill, as roadworks are taking place in Nacton Road.
The works have been going on for more than a month and are expected to last until the end of the week.
Bury Street, Stowmarket
You may also want to watch:
Cadent works have closed the Stowmarket town centre street until the end of the week.
Traffic is still able to pass on the B1115 Tavern Street, one of the main roads leading into the town.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
Westerfield Road, Ipswich
A diversion route has been put in place as work is carried out at the junction with Manor Road, near Christchurch Park.
Motorists are being directed around the works through Constable Road.
Western Way, Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk County Council works in Western Way, near Abbeygate Sixth Form College, are expected to continue until near Christmas.
Drivers are still able to pass through the busy road as traffic lights have been set up.
Stone Lodge Lane, Ipswich
CityFibre has completely closed Stone Lodge Lane near St Joseph's College until the end of Tuesday.
The diversion will take motorists through Birkfield Drive, Cambridge Drive and Belstead Road.