5 roadworks to plan your journeys around in Suffolk this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Roadworks are taking place throughout Suffolk this week with diversions announced to take motorists around the routes.
Here are five to plan your journey around.
Spring Road - Ipswich
Spring Road will be closed on Sunday, December 12, while Anglian Water carries out essential roadworks.
A three-mile diversion route will be in place and motorists will have to travel down Foxhall Road as part of the diversion.
London Road - Capel St Mary
London Road, in Capel St Mary, near the A12 will be closed from Monday, December 6 until Friday, December 10.
- 1 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 2 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 5 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 6 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 7 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 8 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 9 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
- 10 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
The essential works are being carried out by UK Power Networks.
A two and a half-mile diversion route will be in place which is expected to add on around five minutes to people's journeys.
Boulge Road - Boulge
The east Suffolk road will close between Wednesday, December 8, and Thursday, December 9, while Anglian Water carries out roadworks.
There is a seven and a half mile diversion route planned which is estimated to add around 15 minutes to people's journeys.
B1122 - Aldeburgh
Leiston Road will close from 8am on Monday, December 6 until 4pm on Wednesday, December 4, while Suffolk County Council carry out essential roadworks.
A five-mile diversion route will be in place and is expected to take around 10 minutes.
A1302 - Bury St Edmunds
The A1302 in Bury St Edmunds will be closed between 9.30am and 3.30pm on Sunday, December 12, while roadworks are carried out by Suffolk County Council.
A four-mile diversion route has been put in place with motorists using A14 as part of the diversion.