Village road set to reopen after drainage work
- Credit: Google Maps
Suffolk Highways has announced that it intends to reopen Stanningfield Road at Great Whelnetham.
Stanningfield Road has been closed due to drainage work since Monday, November 8.
However, the work has managed to proceed slightly ahead of schedule and due to this, Suffolk Highways has decided to not work tomorrow, as was planned, and instead to reopen the road this afternoon.
In a statement, Suffolk Highways said: "We are confident that we will complete all essential works on Sudbury Road by the end of the week, and remain on program.
"We intend to remove the two-way traffic signals on the main road A134 this afternoon and reopen Stanningfield Road to through traffic for the weekend.
"Both will be reinstated on Monday morning. It may also be that that we are able to do the same next weekend; however, we will provide an update next week.
"Unfortunately, once we start work in the carriageway in Stanningfield Road, we will not be able to do this every weekend."
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 9 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
The work in Great Whelnetham is expected to continue until March 24, 2022.