Heavy snow causes delays and cancellations on trains towards London
- Credit: Archant
Rail services are being disrupted following further snow showers overnight, with delays and cancellations expected on the mainline between Norwich and London until this evening.
Due to the adverse weather conditions brought by Storm Darcy, Norwich to London Liverpool street services will operate an hourly shuttle service between Norwich and Colchester.
Customers for stations beyond Colchester towards London should change at Colchester for a connecting service to London.
Train services will also be further delayed, altered or cancelled due to an earlier points failure between Stowmarket and Diss.
Network Rail engineers have fixed the fault however there may be delays, alterations and cancellations occurring.
There are also cancellations to services between Manningtree and Harwich and some lines will be blocked.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "Train services on the Harwich branch are being disrupted due to a points failure caused by adverse weather conditions and services will be suspended until further notice.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
"We are trying to source buses however due to the weather we are unable to source buses. Network Rail engineers are on route to the site to investigate."