Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Petrol prices have soared to reach an eight-year high - but motorists in Suffolk are paying less than the national average at the pumps.
Fuelling stations across the county are selling petrol at a lower price per litre than the national average of 135.13p.
According to a price tracker by Confused.com, the cheapest petrol price in Suffolk was at the Murco garage in Woolpit near Bury St Edmunds at 127.9p per litre.
The Applegreen station in Woodbridge Road in Ipswich was the cheapest in Suffolk's county town at 128.8p per litre.
Felixstowe's fuel was slightly more expensive than the national average, with the cheapest litre price at the Esso in High Road West at 136.9p.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft's cheapest was at Asda in Horn Hill at 130.8p per litre, with Jet in Haverhill charging slightly more at 130.9p.
A Confused.com survey found that 41% of motorists felt that current fuel prices were unjustified.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
Prices were correct up to July 28.