Woman trapped after car overturns and crashes into electrical pole
- Credit: Cat Dachtler
A woman had to be freed from her car by firefighters after it overturned and crashed into an electrical pole.
Essex County Fire & Rescue Service crews were called to Colneford Hill in White Colne, near the border with Suffolk, at about 2.30pm on Wednesday.
Two engines from Colchester and Halstead stations were in attendance.
On arrival, firefighters reported that a woman was trapped in a car which was on its roof following a crash with a roadside pole.
Crews worked to make the area safe, and used specialist equipment to release the woman.
She was left in the car of the ambulance service, but her condition is not known at this time.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE traffic map.
Join our Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in the region.
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase