Adrenalin-pumping Motorsport TV trailer gives viewers glimpse of the action at Tendring’s Corbeau Seats Rally
- Credit: Archant
Racing giants Motorsport have unveiled a trailer showcasing the country’s first ever closed-roads rally as it swept through Tendring last weekend.
Thousands of people turned out for the action-packed Corbeau Seats Rally on April 22, with tourism chiefs hailing the event a huge success.
Early estimates suggest the rally was watched by 6,000 people.
Now details for the TV coverage of the rally, to which Tendring provided the backdrop, are being revealed by Motorsport TV.
Tendring council’s cabinet member for leisure and tourism, Mick Skeels, was interviewed by the production crew on the day of the rally.
“The fact Tendring’s scenic countryside and coastline provides the backdrop to this first of its kind event means our tourism offering is reaching a whole new audience,” he said.
“Just as the Tour of Britain and the Women’s Tour exposed cycling fans to what our district has to offer, so will this programme to motor sport fans.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
“We hope then that the scenery will advertise itself and encourage people to come and visit us, boosting our tourist economy in the process.”
The full TV programme will be broadcast at 9pm on May 11 on Motorsport TV, which can be found on Sky channel 447, Virgin Media channel 545 or Freesat channel 253.