Disruption on the rails - after balloons get caught in overhead electric cables
- Credit: Archant
Passengers are facing delays at Stansted Airport after balloons were caught on overhead electricity wires at Cheshunt.
Train services running to and from the Essex station have been delayed, revised or cancelled.
The disruption is expected to last until 3.30pm today, Friday September 6.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: "Due to balloons caught on the overhead wire earlier, train services between Liverpool Street and Hertford East, Bishops Stortford, Stansted Airport and Cambridge have been disrupted.
"Network Rail response team have removed the balloons and train services are able to run through.
You may also want to watch:
"However there may still be delays alterations and cancellations."
For updates on train timetables see here.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years