Train delays expected until midnight after freight service breaks down in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A broken down freight train is causing delays for travellers between Ipswich and Cambridgeshire.
The problem occurred between Bury St Edmunds and Thurston and has blocked some of the lines.
This means services between Ipswich and Cambridge, and Ipswich and Ely may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
This is likely to continue until around midnight tonight.
Rail replacement buses are currently being set up and further information will be given by train operator Abellio Greater Anglia as soon as it is available.
You may also want to watch:
The operator also apologised for the disruption.
The company’s delay repay information can be found at www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 6 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause