Train delays in Suffolk and Essex due to broken down train
Passengers in Suffolk and Essex are facing delays on the rails to and from London Liverpool Street this morning due to a broken down train.
Delays of up to 20 minutes are expected until 10am on lines between the capital and Ipswich, Colchester, Clacton and Braintree as well as those stations in between.
Although the lines are now open, the disruption has delayed a number of morning services.
A spokesman for Great Anglia said “Due to an earlier broken down train at Bethnal Green the line is now open but services are subject to delays, alterations and cancellations.”
There are also delays on the line between Norwich and Diss this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said a train had hit an obstruction on the rails.
He said: “Due to this train hitting an obstruction on the line between Diss and Norwich the line towards Norwich is blocked. “Train services to and from these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes. Disruption is expected until 10am.”
For more information and to check whether your train will be delayed see here.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints