Colchester man dead after being struck by train near Kelvedon
- Credit: Archant
Services on Greater Anglia trains are delayed after a man died when struck by a train on the line between Colchester and Witham.
Disruption is expected for some time following a serious incident on the line linking Colchester and Witham.
All lines were blocked until shortly after 1pm, affecting all London-bound services passing through Chelmsford, as the emergency services attended the scene.
This meant that trains departing Colchester Town, Norwich, Ipswich, Braintree, Clacton-on-Sea and Walton-on-Naze going towards London Liverpool Street were disrupted.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Officers were called to Kelvedon station at 10.15am on October 29 following reports a person had been struck by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“Colleagues from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended and sadly a 60 year-old man from Colchester was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The incident was declared not suspicious and his family have been informed.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
All lines have now reopened, but many services are still delayed.
Specific train alterations can be found here.