Train delays after cows spotted on the line between Ipswich and London
- Credit: Archant
Some services heading through Ingatestone may still be cancelled or delayed following reports of cattle on the railway.
Commuters are being warned of disruption on the main line between Ipswich and London due to cows reportedly blocking the track.
While all lines were reopened as of 7pm tonight, many services were cancelled, delayed or revised as trains were forced to run at a reduced speed.
A statement on Greater Anglia’s website said: “Following cattle on the railway earlier today between Ingatestone and Chelmsford all lines have now reopened.
“Train services running through these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised.”
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until 8pm tonight.
Specific train service alterations are available here: http://www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week