Train problems between London and Norwich due to death near Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Rail services in Suffolk and Essex are disrupted following the death of a man on the tracks in London.
The victim was struck by a train near Chadwell Heath station shortly after 9am today, according to British Transport Police (BTP).
As a result of this incident, rail services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield, Southend Victoria, Chelmsford, Colchester, Manningtree, Ipswich and Norwich may be delayed or cancelled.
Trains between Colchester and Colchester Town are also affected.
Problems are expected until 2pm.
Customers whose journeys have been delayed for more than 30 minutes are entitled to apply for some of their money back.
A spokesman for BTP said: “A man has sadly died after they were struck by a train close to Chadwell Heath station this morning.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
- 4 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 5 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 6 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
- 7 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 8 Revealed: The biggest carbon dioxide polluters in Suffolk
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
“We were called to the location shortly after 9am and attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service.
“Officers remain at the scene and are working to identify the man and inform his family.
“The man’s death is not currently being treated as suspicious. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”