Trains delayed after fatality
TRAIN services between London and Suffolk are being delayed tonight after a fatality on the lines.
TRAIN services between the capital and Suffolk are being delayed tonight after a fatality on the lines.
An investigation being coordinated by the British Transport Police is underway after a body was discovered on the lines in the Diss area.
The discovery was made at Palgrave around 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Meades, public affairs manager, said at 9.45pm: “The service involved is the 19.00 London Liverpool Street to Norwich and emergency services are attending.
“We are waiting for them to carryout their work then the train will be in a position to proceed forward again.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
“Replacement buses are being put in place from Ipswich to Stowmarket, Diss and Norwich in the interim.”
He added: “The 21.00 from Norwich to London Liverpool Street has been cancelled and will be covered by a replacement bus.”