Wherstead Road to close again this morning as abnormal load travels to Bramford
- Credit: Archant
A major Ipswich road will close again today in preparation for an abnormal load to leave the Port of Ipswich.
The load weighing over 460,000kg is due to leave Ipswich this morning.
Wherstead Road will be closed from 6.45am so that the transformers can cross the bridge.
The load will cross over the Bourne Bridge at around 7am today, Sunday, October 28, and head towards Bramford.
Wherstead Road was closed yesterday, Saturday October 27, for over eight hours as construction of a temporary bridge was carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways shut the road in order to prepare for the transportation of transformers for the new East Anglia ONE off shore power station today.
Stay with us for more updates.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge