Two arrested after van crashes into three police cars and a bus in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested after a van collided with three police cars and bus in Colchester this morning.
Essex Police are appealing for witnesses and dash cam footage following the series of collisions in Lexden Road.
According to a police spokesman, a red Ford Transit van was in collision with three police cars, a bus and a parked car in Lexden Road at around 8.05am today, Friday June 8.
He said: “The van was then in collision with an electrical box and a post box at which point the people inside the vehicle got out.
“Officers searched the area and have arrested a man and a woman on suspicion of failing to stop for the police and driving a motor vehicle when unfit through drink or drugs.”
You may also want to watch:
If you saw the collisions, have any dash cam footage, or have any information about the occupants of the vehicle, call 101 quoting reference number 197 of 08/06.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit