Travel: 10 minute delays to rail services to and from Ipswich earlier this morning
- Credit: Archant
A fault with the signalling system at Ipswich train station this morning meant trains running to and from the station were running at reduced speeds, causing delays of up to 10 minutes.
Services between Ipswich and Felixstowe, Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham and Beccles, Ipswich and Cambridge and Ipswich and Peterborough via Ely are affected.
Abellio Greater Anglia’s website said:
“Customers are advised this problem is affecting train services in both directions.
“A good train service is operating on all other routes and we thank you for your patience and understanding while Network Rail Engineers resolve this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
The problem had been resolved by 9.30am.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win