Travel and weather: Busy bank holiday expected
WITH another fine sunny day on the cards, roads across the county were expected to be busy again.
Weathermen said it would be cooler than over the weekend, but temperatures would still be well above average.
Police said there were some slight delays on the A12 just after 8am after a motorcyclist suffered minor injuries after coming off his machine near Marlesford, but the road was closed for just a short time while the accident was dealt with.
The rest of the network was running smoothly though traffic was expected to build later in the morning as people headed out to Bank Holiday events and activities and the coast.
A spokesman for WeatherQuest said low cloud at first would soon thin and break to give spells of hazy sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
Today’s maximum temperature will be 21C – possibly a little cooler on the coast – with a moderate northeasterly wind.
Over the next few days the temperature will drop to between 16C and 19C but remain dry and sunny.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road