Travel: Another day of rail delays as points failure and broken down train cause problems for Greater Anglia
A broken down train has been causing delays on the main line between London and Norwich.
Cancellations to services on the line are mostly affecting services in south Essex, although the 1pm Braintree to London service and 1.18pm London to Clacton trains won’t now run.
However there are delays of up to 60 minutes for other services affecting a number of services running through north Essex and Suffolk.
This is expected to last until around 3pm.
The 11.35am Clacton to London service broke down earlier today at Hatfield Peverel and needed another train to move it.
You may also want to watch:
To compound the problem there was also a points failure between Chelmsford and Witham.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction