Travel: Delays after accident at Beccles
COMMUTERS are enjoying a relatively quiet start to the day with few reported delays on road or rail, but drivers in the Beccles area are facing long queues.
Recovery work for an earlier accident on the A146 at Beccles means drivers on the eastbound carriageway are being diverted off through the town traffic is building up through the rush hour.
This comes after a JCB digger fell from the back of a lorry at 5.50am today, leaving the driver in need of medical treatment for abrasions to his face and injuries to his ribs.
He was taken by ambulance to the James Paget Hospital.
Fire crews and representatives from the Environment Agency are also on the scene to clear up a resulting diesel spill, but the road is not expected to reopen for some time.
You may also want to watch:
There are currently no reported incidents on the trains, but keep checking the website for updates.
- If you spot an accident, let us know by calling the newsdesk on 01473 324788.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car