Travel: Delays expected on A14
MOTORISTS should expect to face delays on the A14 this morning, after an accident near to the Orwell Bridge.
A car has crashed into the central reservation in the eastbound carriageway, near to the Orwell Crossing truck stop.
The two-car accident happened at around 7.50am.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said nobody was reported to be injured and he said the accident “should clear itself fairly quickly, causing only minor delays”.
On the A12 at Lowestoft two cars collided shortly after 7am.
You may also want to watch:
The accident happened in Yarmouth Road, at the junction with Station Road.
One of the cars crashed into a tree, while the other crashed off the road.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Two fire crews from the town’s stations were alerted and sent to the scene after reports of a blaze.
They discovered no fire but helped to make the scene safe.
There are currently no reported major accidents on the county’s railways.
Heavy downpours overnight has left standing water on the roads which could pose a potential threat for drivers and people are urged to take care.
The spells of rain are expected to clear to a brighter afternoon with more isolated showers.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich predict temperatures will reach highs of 12C today.
Tonight will remain cloudy with heavy rain returning.
- For more details or a specific forecast speak to a forecaster on 09065 77 76 75 Calls cost �1.50 per minute. We can also provide a regular forecast sent by fax or e-mail for details phone us on 01603 507605.