Travel: Diversions in place following A11 crash
AN EARLIER collision between a lorry and a van is causing hold-ups for motorists as a major road is closed.
Emergency services were called to the A11, just north of the Barton Mills roundabout, shortly after 5am.
On arriving at the scene firefighters reported that one man was trapped in the van and another was trapped in a lorry which had swerved off the road onto the verge.
Both men had been released from their vehicles by 5.45am.
The East of England Ambulance Service said that a man had been taken to hospital with head injuries, the severity of his injuries are not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that another man was also taken to hospital for further treatment. While a third man is understood to have been assessed at the scene by paramedics.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said that recovery was currently taking place and a diversion had been set up.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
The road has been shut at Mildenhall, between the Fiveways roundabout and the B1112 turn for Eriswell.
Meanwhile, train operator National Express East Anglia is reporting a good service across the lines.
Today’s weather conditions are set to remain fine and dry with areas of cloud from time to time.
A spokesperson for WeatherQuest said that top temperatures would reach 18C, with a light wind from the northwest.
- If you see an accident on the roads, or face delays on the railways call the newsdesk on 01473 324788.
- For more details or a specific forecast speak to a forecaster on 09065 77 76 75 Calls cost �1.50 per minute. We can also provide a regular forecast sent by fax or e-mail for details phone us on 01603 507605.