Travel: No trains to Felixstowe for two days as maintenance and repair jobs stack up for Greater Anglia
- Credit: Archant
All trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe today have been cancelled.
And Greater Anglia are saying they won’t run tomorrow either.
The company said a combination of several factors have led to the services being removed.
On its website Greater Anglia said the cancellations were “because of ongoing repairs continuing to some of our local trains which has seen a train damaged after a fatality incident last week, and another still undergoing repair from flood damage, in addition to the ongoing refurbishment of one of our class 156 trains as part of an upgrade programme, and other planned maintenance.
“We are doing everything possible to complete the necessary repairs to these trains as quickly as we can.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by these service alterations.”
A replacement bus service is being run between 5am and 11pm between Ipswich and Felixstowe but they won’t stop at Westerfield.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
Greater Anglia have advised customers to use the station help point to arrange alternative transport.
However some trains travelling to and from Lowestoft not originally scheduled to serve Westerfield will now stop at the station.