Travel: No trains to Felixstowe for two days as maintenance and repair jobs stack up for Greater Anglia
- Credit: Archant
All trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe today have been cancelled.
And Greater Anglia are saying they won’t run tomorrow either.
The company said a combination of several factors have led to the services being removed.
On its website Greater Anglia said the cancellations were “because of ongoing repairs continuing to some of our local trains which has seen a train damaged after a fatality incident last week, and another still undergoing repair from flood damage, in addition to the ongoing refurbishment of one of our class 156 trains as part of an upgrade programme, and other planned maintenance.
“We are doing everything possible to complete the necessary repairs to these trains as quickly as we can.
“We would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by these service alterations.”
A replacement bus service is being run between 5am and 11pm between Ipswich and Felixstowe but they won’t stop at Westerfield.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Greater Anglia have advised customers to use the station help point to arrange alternative transport.
However some trains travelling to and from Lowestoft not originally scheduled to serve Westerfield will now stop at the station.