Travel: Orwell Bridge to close for resurfacing
ONE of Suffolk’s busiest stretches of road will be closed for overnight repairs tomorrow night.
The Highways Agency announced essential resurfacing work will take place overnight on the A14, from 8pm on Friday to 6am on Saturday.
The work, being carried out on a 7.6mile stretch of the road, will require full closure of the westbound carriageway on the Orwell Bridge.
Traffic is advised to leave the A14 at junction 58 Seven Hills, via Ipswich town centre, onto the A1156 Felixstowe Road, rejoining the A14 at junction 55 Copdock Interchange.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “Once complete, this work will result in a quieter road surface and improved safety for road users.
The work has been carefully planned to keep disruption to a minimum but I would advise drivers to check conditions and leave extra time for their journeys if necessary.”
For more information, motorists can contact the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 1235000.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 4 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release